FRP pipe is a lightweight, high-strength, corrosion-resistant non-metallic pipe. The products are widely used, involving GRE FRP pipes in the field of ships and offshore platforms. Including ballast pipelines, process pipelines, fire protection water supply systems, brine water supply systems, cooling water pipelines, wastewater pipelines, drinking water pipelines, cargo oil loading and unloading pipelines, bottom sewage pipelines, etc.
Today we mainly talk about the characteristics of marine FRP pipes:
- Lightweight and long service life: lightweight, convenient transportation, low construction cost, no maintenance, and service life of more than 50 years.
- Maintain water quality: non-toxic, conveying drinking water, can maintain long-term water quality hygiene.
- High mechanical strength: good water pressure resistance, external pressure resistance, and impact resistance, and pipes and fittings can be designed and manufactured according to the required pressure.
- Corrosion resistance: chemically inert material, excellent corrosion resistance, and different corrosion-resistant pipes can be selected according to the conveying medium.
- Small fluid resistance: the inner wall of the pipe is smooth, the roughness coefficient is 0.0084, and the pipe diameter can be reduced under the same flow rate.
With so many advantages, compared with ordinary steel pipes, it has low cost, long service life, quick installation, lightweight and high strength, no scaling, and strong shock resistance. Of course, it will become more and more popular.