- FRP protective cover will never deform, and its geometrical dimensions will remain stable for a long time.Therefore, the equipment will not let water in due to the deformation of the fiberglass protective cover and do not need to install more screws when assembling, so as to maintain a beautiful appearance.
- The FRP radome is high temperature resistance, crack resistance and weather resistance (the product will not change physical properties and dielectric constant when used in long-term exposure or between -50 and -100 degrees).
- The surface of the fiberglass radome is reinforced with additives to enhance the adhesion between them, so that the surface paint will not fall off, wrinkle and maintain its color even in severe weather.
- Excellent electrical insulation and permeability
- FRP confinement base material does not only use the high-performance resin, also use the high strength of alkali-free glass fiber cloth (this kind of glass fiber cloth is treated with special formula, made the product after various physical performance indicators, such as impact strength, bending strength, tensile strength, tensile modulus) slightly less carbon fiber cloth, alkali than ordinary non-alkali glass fiber cloth and cloth physical performance indicators.
- The fiberglass antenna cover is light in weight, excellent in wave penetration (over 98%), various in shape and specification, and suitable for various harsh environments. It has been widely used in aerospace, communications, meteorology and other fields.
The performance of the fiberglass radome using unsaturated polyester resin as a matrix has the following advantages in addition to the above advantages:
- Strong anti-aging ability. The lifespan of conventional plastic radome is only 3-5 years, and the lifespan of fiberglass radome with unsaturated resin as matrix can reach 10-15 years (conservative estimate);
- UV-resistant radome. Most of them are to be exposed to the sun, plastic materials in the sun prone to cracking, chalking, embrittlement and so on, while the FRP radome itself has UV resistance;
- Corrosion resistance. Especially at sea, the salt content in the air is very high, common materials will be quickly eroded, and FRP is completely unaffected (FRP material can work in acidic or alkaline environments).
Unicomposite’s fiberglass radome is very mature in terms of technology, supporting facilities, raw material supply, etc. Its physical properties such as strength, transmissivity, dielectric constant, etc. can also meet the needs of general antennas, and is the best choice for many antenna manufacturers.