Fiberglass rod is a kind of pultruded fiberglass composite material, which is made of continuous fiberglass roving and resin under the pulling molding of pultrusion machine.
The resin-rich layer on the surface makes it good corrosion resistance and also has excellent characteristics such as lightweight, high strength, good elasticity, dimensional stability, accurate size, insulation, non-thermal conductivity, flame retardant, beautiful appearance, and easy maintenance. The best product to replace steel and other materials in engineering in corrosive environments.
Commonly used specifications are: diameter 0.6mm-50mm, Unicomposite can produce special specifications according to customer needs.
Fiberglass rods have the following advantages:
- Good elasticity, not easy to break when bent.
- Insulating and non-conducting: has good electrical insulation, no electromagnetism, and sparks. It can be used in equipment areas with electrical hazards and magnetic susceptibility, as well as in flammable and explosive places.
- Safety: FRP profiles will not generate sparks due to collision during installation and use, and are especially suitable for flammable and explosive environments. In addition, profiles with a non-slip surface layer prevent slippage, reduce accidents, and are easy to install and maintenance-free.
- The color is bright, the appearance is beautiful, it will not fade easily, no paint is needed, and it has a self-cleaning effect.
- Impact and fatigue resistance of fiberglass rods: high impact strength, repeated bending without permanent deformation.
- High-temperature resistance, flame retardant: The thermal expansion coefficient is much lower than that of ordinary plastics. It has excellent mechanical properties at low temperatures, will not melt at high temperatures, and has a high-temperature resistance range is -50-180 degrees Celsius.
- Good designability and machinability: suitable resin matrix and reinforcing materials can be selected according to customer requirements and use environment for production; cutting, drilling, turning, and grinding are possible.