In addition to being used in trenches and platforms, FRP Grating can also be used as stair steps, which we call stair treads.
The FRP stair treads usually use 38x38mm FRP gratings with height of 25mm and 38mm. Generally speaking, if the stairs are narrow, such as the width is 50-80cm, use 38x38x25, if the width of the stairs is greater than 1 meter, it is recommended to use 38x38x38. The width of the stair tread is generally 20-30cm, and it should be in the position of the closed edge, so it is more beautiful and easy to add angle nosing or bar nosing.
When the FRP stair tread is fixed with the channel/angle on both sides, it is appropriate to use bolts with a diameter of more than 8mm and the thickness of the channel/angle is recommended to be thicker than 5mm. The vertical distance between the stair step and stair step is generally 25-30cm, which can be adjusted according to the actual situation. There are also customers who use FRP grating with patterned cover plates as stair treads, mainly to prevent the soil on the feet from falling from the top when the staff goes up and down the stairs, which affects the operation of the lowering staff.
Selection of raw materials: The raw materials used in the FRP grating include resin, fiber glass and the fillers, which are configured in a ratio of 1:1:1. High-quality FRP grating is made of high-quality resin and E-glass, such as Vinyl resin, Isophthalic resin and Orthophthalic resin. These resins are colorless and transparent, low viscosity, low exotherm, low shrinkage, high speed curing, high speed compatibility, the gloss is bright.
The features of the fiberglass stair treads:
- Corrosion resistant to various chemical media, long service life and maintenance-free
- Flame retardant
- Insulation, non-flammable, non-magnetic
- With slight elasticity, it can reduce personnel fatigue, enhance comfort and improve work efficiency
- Lightweight, high strength, and easy to cut and install
- Uniform color inside and outside, and the color can be arbitrarily selected
- Has better comprehensive economic benefits
- The sequence design is strong, the size is flexible and diverse, and the size is stable.