FRP handrail is a kind of composite material with glass fiber and its products (glass cloth, belt, felt, yarn, etc.) as the reinforcing material and synthetic resin as the matrix material. The concept of composite materials refers to a material that cannot meet the requirements of use, and needs to be composed of two or more materials combined together to form another material that can meet people’s requirements, namely composite materials. For example, although a single type of glass fiber has high strength, it is loose between the fibers and can only withstand tension, not bending, shearing and compressive stress, and it is not easy to be formed into a fixed geometric shape. If they are glued together with synthetic resin, they can be made into a variety of hard products with a fixed shape, which can withstand tensile stress as well as bending, compression and shear stress. This constitutes a glass fiber reinforced plastic matrix composite material.
FRP handrails can be used in sewage treatment plants, chemical plants, power plants, water plants, substations, coal mines, oil platforms, municipal roads and other occasions.
It is usually composed of pultruded square tubes, round tubes, flat bars and other profiles combined by molded connectors.
The characteristics of FRP handrails:
- Corrosion resistance: The molded glass fiber reinforced plastic grille has excellent corrosion resistance, can withstand the corrosion of many gas and liquid media such as acids, alkalis, organic solvents and salts, and has the superiority that other grilles cannot match in the field of anti-corrosion. According to the requirements of actual use occasions, o-phthalic, isophthalic, and vinyl FRP gratings can be economically selected.
- Lightweight and high-strength: the application of internal interlaced woven structure and integral molding distributes the load on the vertical and horizontal grids. The density of the obtained product is only 1/4 of the steel, 2/3 of the aluminum, and the strength is hard. 10 times that of polyvinyl chloride, its absolute strength exceeds that of aluminum and reaches the level of ordinary steel.
- Anti-aging: The service life is more than 20 years.
- Impact resistance and fatigue resistance: The molded grille has impact resistance, allowing repeated bending without permanent deformation; the internal structure makes it moderately elastic, which can eliminate the fatigue of the staff and enhance the comfort.
- Flame-retardant: The oxygen index of the general glass fiber reinforced plastic grille is above 26. The formula can be adjusted according to different requirements. The oxygen index can reach above 40. For occasions where flame-retardant requirements are not high, it can be made into ordinary type (non-flame retardant) Grille.
- Beautiful and easy to maintain: the color paste is blended into all resins to make the product bright and not fading, without paint, and the internal inclined grid structure makes the grid self-cleaning.
- Safety: The molded grid has excellent electrical insulation, no electromagnetic properties and no sparks; in addition, the molded surface is formed into a concave or fine sand anti-skid layer through the molding process, so it has good anti-skid performance.
- Good comprehensive economic benefits: low investment cost, low installation cost, long service life and low maintenance cost.