Fiberglass rods are using glass fiber rovings as reinforcement, unsaturated polyester resin as matrix, and shaped by pultrusion process. Fiberglass rods common advantages are light weight, good elasticity, strong corrosion resistance and colorful, etc..
Today we’ll talk about detailed characteristics of fiberglass solid rods:
1. High strength: its strength is ten times than that of PVC, the absolute strength is greatly more than aluminum, and it can reach 1.7 times than that of ordinary steel.
2. Corrosion resistant: it’s stainless, not mildew, never rot, not need to be painted, corrosion resistance in many gas and liquid medium.
3. Fatigue resistance: fiberglass rods have some flexibility, which makes long-term work people feel comfortable. As a working platform, it will reduce the staff back legs and tension, and increase the comfort, which can improve the work efficiency to get the human engineering experts to recommend.
4. Good comprehensive economic benefit: fiberglass pultruded rods comprehensive cost is lower than ordinary carbon steel, although the one-time investment is higher than that of ordinary carbon steel, it has very long service life( it can be used for more than twenty years), and fiberglass rods don’t need further maintenance, and therefore its overall economic efficiency is much better than that of carbon steel.
5. Convenient installation: the use of a solid rod makes component weight reduced greatly, thus reducing the weight of the support structure, the use of lifting equipment doesn’t need to install, economical and convenient.
6. Security: no electric spark happens due to the collision in the process of installation and use of fiberglass solid rod, especially suitable for use inflammable and explosive environment. In addition, profile with non slip surface layer can prevent and reduce accidents.
Because of its outstanding advantages of fiberglass rods of light weight, high strength, anti-corrosion and insulation, solid rods are widely used in sewage treatment, chemical corrosion resistance, electrical insulation, energy, transportation, telecommunications and other fields.