Fiberglass grating (referred to as FRP), is a kind of plate-like material with many spaces, which uses glass fiber as a reinforcing material and unsaturated polyester resin as a matrix. It can be used as a structural material. Used as floors in corrosive environments, trench covers, platforms, ship decks, stairs, plank roads, etc. The main material is unsaturated resin, and the ingredients are quartz sand or talcum powder. It is a process that fully packs the mold with the fluidity of unsaturated resin in the steel mold embedded with steel bars. Commonly known as the SMC molding process. Of course, there is also a method of bonding in the glass fiber reinforced plastic mold by hand lay-up process because of the special size. The product is composed of a number of symmetrical lattices and has bidirectional isotropic characteristics in the vertical and horizontal directions.
Some features of FRP grating:
- Lightweight: Its specific gravity is about 1.8, and its weight is only 1/4 of steel and 2/3 of aluminum.
- High strength: Its strength is ten times that of hard polyvinyl chloride, and its absolute strength greatly exceeds that of aluminum, reaching the level of ordinary steel.
- Corrosion resistance: It is stainless, mildew-free, non-rotten, does not require paint, and can withstand the corrosion of many gas and liquid media.
- Fatigue resistance: The FRP grating has some elasticity, which makes people who work on it feel comfortable for a long time. As a working platform, it reduces the tension on the legs and back of the staff, increases the comfort of the work, and thus improves work efficiency. High efficiency, long life, generally can be used for 20 years, and no maintenance, so its comprehensive economic benefits are much better than the use of carbon steel.
- Easy installation: The use of FRP grating greatly reduces the weight of the components, thus reducing the weight of the supporting structure, and the installation does not require lifting equipment, which is economical and convenient.
- Safety: In the process of installing and using FRP grating, no electric spark will be generated due to collision, especially suitable for use in flammable and explosive environments.