The molding process of the fiberglass tube is to impregnate the glass fiber filaments with resin and then solidify it in a high-speed polymerization device integrating photoelectricity and heat, and then pull and extrude it. The different types of resins used, it is known as polyester fiberglass, epoxy fiberglass, and phenolic fiberglass. It has the characteristics of light and hard, non-conductive, high mechanical strength, anti-aging, high-temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, and so on.
- Good corrosion resistance. Since the main raw materials of FRP are composed of unsaturated polyester resin and glass fiber with high polymer content, it can effectively resist the corrosion of acids, alkalis, salts, and other media, as well as untreated domestic sewage, corrosive soil, chemical wastewater, and many chemical liquids. The erosion, in general, can maintain safe operation for a long time.
- Good aging resistance and heat resistance. The glass fiber tube can be used for a long time in the temperature range of -40℃～70℃, and the high-temperature resistant resin with special formula can also work normally at a temperature above 200℃.
- Good frost resistance. Under minus 20℃, the tube will not freeze after freezing.
- Light weight and high strength. The relative density is between 1.5 and 2.0, which is only 1/4 to 1/5 of that of carbon steel, but the tensile strength is close to or even exceeds that of carbon steel, and the specific strength can be compared with that of high-grade alloy steel. Therefore, it has excellent results in aviation, rockets, spacecraft, high-pressure vessels, and other applications that require weight reduction.
- Good design ability. Various structural products can be flexibly designed to meet the requirements of use, which can make the product have good integrity.
- Good abrasion resistance. The water containing a large amount of mud, sand, and gravel is put into the pipe to carry out the comparative test of the effect of rotating wear. After 3 million rotations, the wear depth of the inner wall of the detection tube is as follows: 0.53mm for the steel tube coated with tar and enamel, 0.52mm for the steel tube coated with epoxy resin and tar, and glass steel tube for the surface-hardened steel tube is 0.21mm. As a result, FRP has good wear resistance.
- Good electrical and thermal insulation. FRP is a non-conductor, the electrical insulation of the pipeline is excellent, the insulation resistance is 1012-1015Ω.cm, it is most suitable for power transmission, the heat transfer coefficient of FRP is very small in dense areas of telecommunication lines and minefields, only 0.23, which is the thousandth of steel. Five out of five, the pipeline has excellent thermal insulation performance.
- Low friction resistance and high conveying capacity. The inner wall of the FRP tube is very smooth, and the roughness and frictional resistance are very small. The roughness factor is 0.0084, while the n value is 0.014 for concrete pipes and 0 for cast iron pipes.
There are three main types of fiberglass tube production processes: reciprocating filament winding process, continuous filament winding process, and centrifugal casting process.
- Reciprocating filament winding process (belonging to the fixed-length method): In this process, the dipping tank reciprocates with the rotating mandrel, and the long fiberglass filaments are placed at a certain oblique angle relative to the mandrel axis, and the auxiliary angle (ie. The winding angle) is controlled by the ratio of the moving speed of the dipping tank to the rotational speed of the mandrel, and the translational movement of the dipping tank is controlled by computerized electromechanical control. The number of winding layers is gradually increased until the designed wall thickness is reached. After the winding is completed, the resin in the article is substantially cured. After curing, the mandrel is removed from the fiberglass tube.
- Continuous filament winding process (belonging to the continuous method): The process is that the tube passes through a feeding station that supplies resin pre-impregnated roving, chopped fiberglass fiber, and resin sand mixture during movement, and the tube is continuously advancing in the core mold. made in.
- Centrifugal casting process (belonging to the fixed-length method): In this process, the cut glass fiber reinforcement and sand are fed into the steel mold fixed on the bearing, and the unsaturated resin with catalyst is injected at one end of the steel mold to make the It impregnates the reinforcing material. Under the action of centrifugal force, the resin replaces the air in the fibers and fillers, thereby producing a dense composite material without pores. Due to the action of centrifugal force, the inner wall of the tube forms a smooth and clean resin-rich inner surface layer. Cures at higher temperatures. The pipe made by this method is also called glass fiber reinforced plastic sand pipe.
At present, there are more manufacturers in the world that use the reciprocating filament winding process to make pipes than the other two production processes. One of the reasons is that the glass steel pipe made by the reciprocating filament winding process has a wider range of uses and better applicability.
Due to its unique performance advantages, fiberglass rods have been used in more than ten industries related to aerospace, railways, decorative buildings, home furniture, advertising displays, craft gifts, building materials and bathrooms, yacht mooring, sports materials, sanitation projects, etc. It is widely used in the material industry and has been widely praised, becoming the darling of the needs of the new era merchants in the material industry. FRP products are also different from traditional material products and are much better than traditional products in performance, use, and life attributes. It is easy to shape, can be customized, and the color can be adjusted at will.
Specifically, these industries are as follows: ferrous metallurgy, non-ferrous metallurgy, electric power industry, coal industry, petrochemical industry, chemical industry, electromechanical industry, textile industry, automobile and motorcycle manufacturing, railway industry, shipbuilding industry, construction industry, light industry, Food industry, electronic industry, post, and telecommunications industry, culture, sports and entertainment industry, agriculture, commerce, medicine and health industry, and military and civilian applications and other fields of application.