Are you planning on installing new windows in your home, but are not currently certain about which type you would like to go with? Fiberglass windows can be an excellent purchase, as they provide many benefits over some of the other types of windows, and are often available at a reasonable price. Fiberglass has become increasingly popular, due to the excellent benefits that are provided by them.
Some of the benefits that you will find from the installation of fiberglass windows include an increase in thermal performance (lowering of your energy bills), better overall strength and durability, and excellent flexibility in design. FRP windows are an excellent option for individuals that are looking to save money without losing any functionality in the process.
Unicomposite’s fiberglass window and door manufacturing system meets the needs of designers and builders who wish to go beyond the limitations inherent with metal, plastic or wood frame fenestration. Pultruded fiberglass has proven to be a superior material in five ways: dimensional stability, thermal insulation, durability and aesthetics, and ‘environmental friendliness’.
The key features and benefits of selecting fiberglass window frames as opposed to conventional wood or vinyl windows are as follows:
- Guaranteed prolonged fiberglass window frame life expectancy
- Slimmer fiberglass frames and mullions, increasing glass to frame ratio, increasing maximum sunlight and viewing area
- Ability to withstand high levels of wind load resistance, exceeding CAN-A440 M90 CSA Window Standards
- Consistent room temperature in large window areas
- Consistent contact of weather-strip and positive seal against frame and sash, keeping air, water and dust out